May 14, 2010

Growing garden

The garden has been growing well for the most part! Almost everything was started from seeds, we lost some of the seedlings when we planted, but I planted seeds in their place, so hopefully they will come up too.

Here are a few shots of some of the plants:



There are 2 tomato plants, a strawberry plant and a peppermint plant that we did not grow from seed; they were purchased as small seedlings. Everything else we grew from seeds in little tiny peat pots on our kitchen counter. There are carrots (Danvers to be exact; the kind Bugs Bunny eats!), broccoli, yellow squash and zucchini, sugar peas, beans, arugula, spinach and romaine, corn, tomatoes, strawberries and chili peppers (a mix of jalapeƱo, habanera and some others). I have been saving my jars, too, in hopes of canning some of our hopefully bountiful harvest! We shall see, I may be being overly optimistic (about the canning part, I have faith that we will have a good harvest!).

And here is a picture of one of the beds so that you can see the construction that I mentioned in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment